Hiking a mountain tomorrow but I'm having the hardest time deciding which one I want to hike, help? All have low avalanche danger, snowpacked trails, and equal expected weather conditions.
Peak 1 - 11.5 miles roundtrip, class two(mostly steepish slopes plus a fairly short section of rock-hopping. 1.5hr away and can reach trailhead with my car. Even if I can't make it up road, can recover and go to one of other choice instead if it makes this route too long. Half through woods, half above treeline.Tried this one before but did not summit due to conditions, not too positive we could summit if we try it. I have covered about 75% of trail and aware of remainder. This is my first choice, simply because it'd be a new summit and is closer, but I'd feel kind-of dumb if we try and are unable to summit and thus miss out.
Peak 2 - 7 miles + road to trailhead is closed, so about 10 miles roundtrip. All above treeline, about 90% steepish slope, 10% rockhopping. About 2.5hrs away. Have summitted this one before, so know entire trail and views to expect.
Peak 3 - About 7 miles roundtrip, car can make it to trailhead easily. 50% through woods, 50% above treeline. All steepish slope, no rockhopping. About 2.5 hours away. Have summitted this one several times before, so would really prefer something different, but makes a good fallback as its a good workout but still easy enough to feel confident about completing.
Backup - If I fail on #1 at any time, or fail early at #2 or #3, I can go to a trail which is not a mountain, but is about 7 miles long, uneventful through forest and quite steep(steeper than any of the above), but has spectacular end view.
So regardless, I'm getting something, but I'm having such a rough time deciding which!
So which would you recommend and why?