Why do many black people still bring up slavery as if modern day white people are the aggressors?

Every race has had its numbers enslaved at one point in history. I'm sick and tired of the slavery thing being brought up in my face which was so long ago, and I for one had nothig to do with it. Should I feel guilty? Do I owe a black man special right of way? I dont see black people walking around with... show more Every race has had its numbers enslaved at one point in history. I'm sick and tired of the slavery thing being brought up in my face which was so long ago, and I for one had nothig to do with it. Should I feel guilty? Do I owe a black man special right of way? I dont see black people walking around with shackels on their feet. So I'm asking the question, feel free to answer it however you please ..rip me a new ****** if you'd like, but it's an hoest question and I want some honest answers...