How can I get pregnant if my husband had a vasectomy?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
My husband had a vasectomy 3yrs ago. Now we want another baby any suggestions?
Update : I'm not going to cheat on him thats stupid, My questtion is, is there ...show more
Best Answer
Have your husband get a vasectomy reversal. The less time between the vasectomy and the vasectomy reversal, the higher the rate of a successful reversal. The success of the procedure will also depend on the skill of the doctor performing the surgery. Since the vasectomy was only 3 years ago, there is a good chance of a successful reversal.

The procedure costs around $5,000, but the cost will depend on the doctor. It is important to select a doctor that performs the procedure regularly and has high success rates.

Source:

• Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • KrIs answered 7 years ago
    well my husband had a reversal 18 months ago after having the vasectomy for about 3 years, it was very hopeful, healed well, BUT $7000+ later STILL NO BABY and his count is low, yes there are sperm now, but nt fertile, I think there is a way they can go in and get sperm for IVF, or you could adopt, go to a sperm bank etc...your options are open, just BE CAREFUL if you do decide to go with a reversal realize that their is a chance it wont work

I wish you luck, and will keep you in my prayers to get through all of this and decide what is the right path for you....

Source(s):

husband had reversal, currently fostering/ hoping to adopt 4 month old niece
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Danni D. answered 7 years ago
    I actually know of someone concieving successfully a few years ago after the the husband had to undergo a reverse vasectomy, it's a pretty costly procedure and rather intense, not like the "snip, snip" that he had to experience to get the vasectomy in the first place. It's an actual operation, it doesn't have a 100 percent success rate but it CAN be done, I hope you figure things out and try not to listen to the negativity other users are spreading around, you asked a real question and deserve an honest answer. There is always adoption, there are alot of children out there needing homes, although it doesen't fill the desire of "reproducing" your genes, I bet you'd love the kid just the same.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • penchie answered 7 years ago
    it can be reversed
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • God is love answered 7 years ago
    if he had stored his sperm in a bank it will be easy,if not you can use a donor sperm,speak to a doctor to explain further to you good luck.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • roses_are_black answered 7 years ago
    have it reversed, its possible to do that in the end
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • girlygirl answered 7 years ago
    Hi! My husband had a vasectomy reversal 4 months ago and we are currently trying to conceive. If you search on google you will see the success rates are VERy high. If your husband had a vasectomy only 3 years ago i would say your chances are close to 100% to conceive again. It is expensive and medical aid does not cover the procedure. It is much cheaper than in Vitro which is extracting the sperm and planting it into you. (in common terms.) I would say go for it. He will be in a bit of pain for a week and NO sex for about 3/4 weeks, but in the end you will have your little miracle! Search on yahoo answers for vasectomy reversal success/pregnant and you will see alot of ladies have had success. All the best to you!

Source(s):

Own experience.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Get your Husband to get his Vasectomy Reversed. Or get his sperms in your body
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Poobeer2 answered 7 years ago
    This has got to be the dumbest question I've ever read.. Are you friggin serious? Your options are screw his brother or one of his family members. Your an Idiot...................
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • dicarlos m answered 7 years ago
    cheat on him with his brother or close family member. that way it will look like him
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock