Why do people say evolution is a fact when it's just a theory?

In science things are only facts once they are proven. For example, general relativity is a fact, and that's why it isn't called the "Theory of Relativity." It is a fact that limits converge in metric spaces, and that's why it's not called the "Theory of Limits." ... show more In science things are only facts once they are proven.

For example, general relativity is a fact, and that's why it isn't called the "Theory of Relativity."

It is a fact that limits converge in metric spaces, and that's why it's not called the "Theory of Limits."

It's also a fact that Nash equilibria are the best strategies for games, and that's why the branch of economics dealing with competitive strategies is not called "Game Theory."

When will you get it through your thick heads that theories are just somebody's wild guess, and not a set of propositions that are scientifically well-confirmed by empirical evidence.
Update: I see five answerers who get what's going on and 6 stars. Does that mean I got a star from a creationist who liked my argument?