Do archaeologists and historians sometimes ignore simple biblical answers?

There was an episode on the history channel about the Hittites on which it showed systems of underground cave cities where it stated that the Hittites went to protect themselves from their enemies. It also stated that the Hittites disappeared around 1200 BC, and that their disappearance cannot be accounted... show more There was an episode on the history channel about the Hittites on which it showed systems of underground cave cities where it stated that the Hittites went to protect themselves from their enemies. It also stated that the Hittites disappeared around 1200 BC, and that their disappearance cannot be accounted for.

The next day my husband and I were having our daily devotional. We were reading about the Israelites going in to conquer the land of Canaan (around 1200BC-1100BC). It tells of them conquering the Hittites, among others, and completely destroying them. Also, in Judges Chapter 6 it tells of the Israelites living in caves to protect themselves from invaders.

Seems to me this would explain the "unexplained disappearance" of the Hittites. Even if some people don't want to admit it, the bible is full of historical information.
Update: To stiggo 62.
The bible does not list dates. I obtained the date from a timeline chart, which was created by scholars.
Update 2: To: The angels have the phone box Goodness, I wasn't trying to "make a mountain out of a mole hill". Please forgive me if it seemed that way. I was just wondering why the biblical text was not considered. To: oozɐƃ ʇɐǝɹƃ, newgrang, and beer drinking lemur ... show more To: The angels have the phone box

Goodness, I wasn't trying to "make a mountain out of a mole hill". Please forgive me if it seemed that way. I was just wondering why the biblical text was not considered.

To: oozɐƃ ʇɐǝɹƃ,
newgrang, and
beer drinking lemur

Thank you for your answers. On a personal basis, as a Christian, I still feel that the answer in the bible is correct, but now I can more easily understand that physical proof is required in order for the scientific community to render a definite conclusion in the matter.