Why can't evolutionary theory explain the amazing complexity of life at its basic level?

Biologists always assumed that life at the molecular and cellular level must be quite simple in its structure and function, therefore supporting evolutionary theory. That was until capable scientific instruments proved otherwise in recent decades. These "simple" cells were found to be incredibly... show more Biologists always assumed that life at the molecular and cellular level must be quite simple in its structure and function, therefore supporting evolutionary theory. That was until capable scientific instruments proved otherwise in recent decades. These "simple" cells were found to be incredibly complex, baffling scientists alike as to how such complexity could arise as the result of random mutations. This has led many to believe that there must have been some design element to all living organisms, divine or not.

Also, this is not my only basis for my belief in intelligent design. This is just one body of evidence in an ever mounting pile that is being quietly swept under the rug by those who don't want this information known to the masses. Even one of the world's most famous athiests, Sir Anthony Flew, had to renounce his atheism after more than 50 years of research led him to the conclusion that life was created.

What do you think?
Update: I agree with you OhKatie, it really is pointless to argue. No matter how much one preaches his beliefs to the other side, he might as well talk to a brick wall. The facts are the same for each argument, it's how one interprets the facts that shapes his beliefs. It's like looking at a glass that contains... show more I agree with you OhKatie, it really is pointless to argue. No matter how much one preaches his beliefs to the other side, he might as well talk to a brick wall. The facts are the same for each argument, it's how one interprets the facts that shapes his beliefs. It's like looking at a glass that contains half its capacity of water. I say it's half full but you say it's half empty.

And I posted this in the R&S section because I know it is a favorite hang-out spot for atheists and evolutionists.