Amvo.exe, Nideiect.com Remove Category Malware: Covert.Sys.Exec/Kavkop:Trojan-...
My computer has been infected with a worm due to transfer of some files from a USB drive. Some characteristics of it are:
- Now when i am opening any drive, its contents are opened in a new window!
- I believe its communicating on the Internet
- Its trying to set a program for startup 'IMVO.exe' stored in System32 folder depite my deleting of all registry entries related to 'Imvo.exe'
- Its also running an executable "Nideiect.com"
- Hidden files and protected operating system files as usual after these attacks cant be viewed.
Avast hasnt been able to remove this. Prevx CSI has detected this but is asking for payment for removal. Please guide me through the removal of this. I could have formatted the HDD and reinstalled Windows but i have very intensive s/w like VS2005 and Illustrator installed, so cant waste that much time. Thank you.