Insomnia? Irregular work hours, sleeping too late & always feeling tired even after 11hrs sleep!?

Ok, I work irregular hours, so there is no way to get on a set schedule. I may work 3-11 a few days, I may work 8-4 some other days. These shifts are never on the same days of the week, and days off change. I work in hospitality. I am beginning to go back to school also, I am worried I am going to be too tired to... show more Ok, I work irregular hours, so there is no way to get on a set schedule. I may work 3-11 a few days, I may work 8-4 some other days. These shifts are never on the same days of the week, and days off change. I work in hospitality. I am beginning to go back to school also, I am worried I am going to be too tired to do well! I go to bed sometimes at 2 am the latest, waking up sometimes at 11a-12p if I work @ 3. I do this because I never feel rested, and always go back to sleep. It takes hours to fall asleep, and when I do I wake up a lot. It's 5a right now and I work @ 7-I haven't slept,, I tossed and turned for 4 hrs until I gave up. I worked until 11pm last night. I thought trying to wake up by an earlier AM time would help but I can't get myself out of bed since I never feel rested. I always feel tired throughout the day also, regardless of amount of sleep or quality. I am not depressed, yes I am stressed and this def. isnt helping.
Update: I am not overly happy with my job but I have to keep it through school so I can pay for school, and the bills. The amount of $$ I make is enabling me to not get student loans for a while so taking a new, lower paying job isn't the best solution. I have looked into trying Valerian Root to help sleep. I have... show more I am not overly happy with my job but I have to keep it through school so I can pay for school, and the bills. The amount of $$ I make is enabling me to not get student loans for a while so taking a new, lower paying job isn't the best solution.
I have looked into trying Valerian Root to help sleep. I have tried tylenol PM and it rarely helps. I have to get back into an exercise regimen, though I always feel too tired to get to the gym because of what has been going on. It's a never-ending cycle and it has become very difficult to fix.
=:(
Update 2: I must add I am not sure Nyquil or other medicines are the best solution. I do not want to always have to take something to sleep. I have taken lots of Tylenol PM and Night Time Sinus (i've had a lot of sinus pain lately), which the Sinus stuff makes me feel completely drugged up and out of it when I wake up... show more I must add I am not sure Nyquil or other medicines are the best solution. I do not want to always have to take something to sleep. I have taken lots of Tylenol PM and Night Time Sinus (i've had a lot of sinus pain lately), which the Sinus stuff makes me feel completely drugged up and out of it when I wake up (at noon!) So I think that made it worse.
I like the exercise suggestion.. I really need to try that but it's hard for me to feel the motivation to get there when I feel tired so much.
In fall 2009 I will be in Nursing school (right now I am doing pre-reqs) so at that time I will be working part time and taking lots of schooling so I will be sure to sleep! But.. in the mean time.. is a whole other story!
Update 3: Sorry to hear Niki :( Added Details: I am 24. I am only taking 2 classes right now, and 1 in the following 3 semesters. Then it's full time study for Nursing...at that point I will only be working part time. I work in hospitality management. Well, I am a supervisor, so I am lowest on the totem pole. That is... show more Sorry to hear Niki :(
Added Details: I am 24. I am only taking 2 classes right now, and 1 in the following 3 semesters. Then it's full time study for Nursing...at that point I will only be working part time.
I work in hospitality management. Well, I am a supervisor, so I am lowest on the totem pole. That is all I know really, and in the town I reside that is the type of jobs available. The only other thing I would look for is probably an office job.. as a secretary or something. But all the open jobs for that require something I just don't know.. man i need to learn quick books!
Thanks niki for the herbal suggestions. I will look into them!
Update 4: AH! I'm sorry I forgot to add that I do drink a lot of coffee... but I never feel like it gives me energy. I drink multiple cups a day. Perhaps has something to do with it, or at least isn;'t helping.. but I always say coffee does nothing for me energy wise because I never feel energized or anything from... show more AH! I'm sorry I forgot to add that I do drink a lot of coffee... but I never feel like it gives me energy. I drink multiple cups a day. Perhaps has something to do with it, or at least isn;'t helping.. but I always say coffee does nothing for me energy wise because I never feel energized or anything from it.. I just like to drink it.. ugh