Stool Softner?

Can I take a stool softener during pregnancy? I'm craving cheese like you wouldn't believe which i'm sure is adding to the usual constipation of pregnancy. I have tried eating high fiber foods and nothing seems to help. Oh and I don't have a dr. just yet I'm working on that right now!
Update: sorry.. I should have added i'm only 4 weeks and that's why i haven't seen the dr yet. And i'm asking because anything in pregnancy is a potential hazzard and I didn't really have this with my last pregnancy. Also I mean stool softeners without stimulant (without laxitive) they are very different! show more sorry.. I should have added i'm only 4 weeks and that's why i haven't seen the dr yet. And i'm asking because anything in pregnancy is a potential hazzard and I didn't really have this with my last pregnancy. Also I mean stool softeners without stimulant (without laxitive) they are very different!