Can I demand that a neighbor cuts back his trees?

I used to have a beautiful view, but in the last 25 years, the hedge opposite me, that I do not own, has been left unkempt and has grown into 30 foot trees. Do I have a legal right to demand that the landowner has these trees cut back so i can see over the hedge again?
Update: Sorry for the spelling mistake. I should have written "Neighbour", and then it might have been clear I was from the UK. I should also have mentioned that my neighbour is reluctant to cut back the trees. He is an aristocrat whose family have owned the land in question for over 400 years. I somehow doubt... show more Sorry for the spelling mistake. I should have written "Neighbour", and then it might have been clear I was from the UK.
I should also have mentioned that my neighbour is reluctant to cut back the trees. He is an aristocrat whose family have owned the land in question for over 400 years. I somehow doubt the ASBO route will work. The magistrate probably plays golf with him (on the golf course he owns).

His has taken two things away from me: the view and the light that falls on my garden. i seem to remember that there is some law called "Ancient Lights" that might be relevent?