Do You Think People Would Support Sean Connery's Call For Scottish Independence A Bit More Seriously...?

...if he didn't live in the Bahamas?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7261161.stm

Sir Sean Connery has said he believes Scotland will become an independent country within his lifetime.

The 77-year-old former James Bond actor, who lives in the Bahamas, says Scotland is "within touching distance" of achieving independence.

Writing for the Scottish Sunday Express, Sir Sean praises the work of the SNP government which gained power in the devolved parliament last year.

He has been the SNP's most high-profile supporter, donating thousands to funds.

Sir Sean, who was born in Edinburgh, has previously sworn not to return to the country until it is independent.

yes good point. i think he is wrong though, i just don't think there is enough support in Scotland for Independence. the snp only got in because most were fed up with labour and either voted snp or didn't vote at all as a protest. that and the fact most in Scotland will never vote conservative.

Typical, isn't it - Connery makes his wad in America and lives in the Bahamas, then decides that he has the right to start interfering with the country he rejected! He should stick to what he understands - acting and leave politics alone. Scotland is not equipped to be an independent country and it is pie in the sky to pretend so. Just let it try - it would be knocking on Englands door to come back again within 2 years!

If I were 77 years old and could afford the bahamas over scotland...I'd be there, too. I don't give a flying f*** about whatever the media has spouted off about him at various times...who says THEY always tell the truth? I don't personally know him, so I will not stoop to a charachter asassination, but rather answer the question.I think he is projecting confidence about the possibility of scotland becoming independant. Confidence often brings success. He could be right, and noone should blame an old man for living in a warm place (he can afford it) when his home is so basically cold (even though he loves it).

My opinion is, if you move to another country you should give your support to your new country. He is an immigrant in the Bahamas. People in the UK only ask one thing of immigrants and that is to integrate and become part of the UK.

If Scotland get independence do you think for one moment he is going back to Scotland where it rains a lot and is freezing in winter. Will he give up living a life in luxury for that. The short answer is NO.

I hope Scotland gets its independence - Then we too in England will have all the benefits the Scots get over the English - Free education, its own parliament with its own MPs and we can get rid of the obnoxious Gorbals Mick.

Oh! now Scotland will be able to indirectly screw England through the EU rather than sponge directly as it does now.There wasnt such overwhelming support for independence before EU funding was available.

Well,Scotland belongs to England and thats how it should stay.However,if they insist then I want to make sure Brown doesnt give it any undeserved golden handshakes.On their own means just that,I dont want them,just like our former African colonies ,calling us up for aid 10 years down the line.

I dont want to give anymore of my taxes to the EU to be diverted back to Scotland.

Finally,when they do go,all the Scots can go back up the road and take their heroin,special brew and wifebeating with them.

"Sir Sean Connery has said he believes Scotland will become an independent country within his lifetime."

Isn't time running out? The old f@ggot is 77!

• Zed

LOL.

I say give it to them and quick. Sean Connery has no influence over my agreement with Scottish Independence. Would love to watch them try to survive without input from London. Would love to see what their Armed Forces will be like...

I bet once its independent he will only have a holiday home there. I mean, its not as if he has supported Scotland by pushing for lots of films to be based there.

Scotland wont become independant. Gordon Brown and will annex England.