Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Poll: Have you ever bought a pair of ugly shoes for comfort???

Peace.

Best answer

Guilty as charged. My crocks traveled to Mexico ! LOL !!

I always go for comfort. I try to buy shoes that aren't too ugly but also comfortable. However, in January I was on my ward when a patient threw up into my shoe. I was about to fininsh my shift so wore my trainers for the rest of the duration of my shift and went straight into town to buy a new pair of shoes rather than clean the sick out. However, there were no nice looking comfortable shoes anywhere to be found, and I needed a black pair with rubber soles for the following morning. I ended up buying the ugliest shoes this world has ever seen.

Each and every day after work i went into town to see if I could find something a little less offensive to the eye that were also comfortable.

I still have those ugly shoes. I decided to keep them in my locker in case of another vomit in shoe incident.

• Greg K

You know, I always said I would never own a pair of crocs. They're extremely ugly, and there sure doesn't seem to be much to them. But my wife and I just had a son earlier this month (thank you), and all of the nurses were wearing them. I figured, with as much standing and walking as they're doing, if they're wearing them, it must be something. I bought myself some hideous crocs, and they might be the most comfortable shoes I've ever put on.

The ONLY criteria I have in shoe buying is comfort - I own one very comfortable pair - and one only because I only have two feet - why would I need more than two shoes?

I don't think I've ever bought ugly shoes..they're my thing so I always go for the best looking ones I see.

Yes

I used to teach, and my principal said no open toed shoes. It had to be 90 in the building...So I bought the most God Awful pair of closed toed shoes I could find..and wore them every day. She could not even talk to me.

Well maybe not ugly but not glamorous either. I have a pair of "Your momma wears combat boots" looking high tops that I wear when hiking or doing yard work.

why yes I have ... I just bought a pair of Air Pillow Sole's deluxe ..... they promised that you could approach, even a well guarded Pez Stash and not even wake the counrty possum from his sweet slumber. I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

Source(s): * Upon request I will produce a note from my Computer teacher attesting to the fact that I I have my own mind & was not chatting*

Yes, for me to wear it when I'm at home... ^_^

That might explain why I enjoyed being at home more than outside... When I'm out, it's like I looked my best yet never felt comfortable...

Not that it's a must but it seems right to do so...

Yes! Sadly... My school shoes are definitely not the most attractive black leather lace ups you have seen. But apparantly they will correct my orthopedic problems, and (hopefully, anyway) it's not like people are going to judge me according to what kind of shoes I wear to school.