Stool softner for 4 year old??

My son has a lot of trouble with his bowel movements. He constantly runs and tries to go but just a little comes out. He has soiling in his underwear. When he did poop in his overnight two nights ago a hard BM came out. I know he has to go more but fights it cause he says it hurts and is stuck. So i need a stool... show more My son has a lot of trouble with his bowel movements. He constantly runs and tries to go but just a little comes out. He has soiling in his underwear. When he did poop in his overnight two nights ago a hard BM came out. I know he has to go more but fights it cause he says it hurts and is stuck. So i need a stool softner not a laxative for a four year old. Does anyone know over the counter brand. Thanks
Update: We have changed his diet and cut out diary till he can resolve this. He is drinking as much water and juice as I can get in him. Still not working !