Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

is my name rare?

my name is justine is that a rare name?

No. I know a few Justines.

No. I wouldn't say it's rare! My name, Gigi is rare! My parents preferred it to the actually name it was shortened from! Justine is a very pretty name!

It depends on what you mean by rare.

It has never been in the Top 100 in the US. In 1987, it was #175 - that means about 1500 girls born that year were named Justine.

But today, it is a highly uncommon choice - the 950th most popular choice for girls, or about 270 births.

It is a lovely name, and while I wouldn't consider it rare, it's certainly not common. I'd call it comfortably familiar without being overexposed.

• marnie

My sons name is Holten. It's a family name with the EN added on. I don't think there's another one out there, and if there is there's not many. My niece's name is Kallista haven't heard to many of them either.. Congrats on the new baby. Oh and Bentley is becoming pretty popular. I know 2 girls that just named there's Bentley..

It used to be slightly popular but has gone steadily done only 270 babies in America were named Justine Last Year.

• Elise

I think it's pretty rare. I've never known a Justine. I think it is lovely though. Great meaning!

i think its rare theres no 1 round my area called justine, i think its a lovely name.

No - I knew about 3 Justines when I was at school.

It's not too rare but it's a pretty name :)

I wouldn't say it was rare but it is not a common name