I seen a teacher verbally abusing a grade 7 student today...!?

Hello, I am currently in grade 10, and today when I was in my tutoring block, I was helping one of my students with her algebra in the study hall when I overheard a teacher verbally abusing a student by saying things, like why do you think you cant be in a normal class, do you want to fail? Get your work done, or... show more Hello, I am currently in grade 10, and today when I was in my tutoring block, I was helping one of my students with her algebra in the study hall when I overheard a teacher verbally abusing a student by saying things, like why do you think you cant be in a normal class, do you want to fail? Get your work done, or I'll come over there and kick you sorry little ***, among other things. The student was only in grade 7, and he seemed on the brink of tears. I got upset just listening to it. I sure know that if a teacher had talked to me in that way, that I would have been depressed, especially if it happened time after time. I am wondering what I should do about this? I will definately tell a school counsillor, but should I tell the police if nothing is done. I know that this kid was really upset, but that it oviously was the norm because he held it in.