Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you get a doctor's note for a previous day?

I missed work on Monday. I am legitimately sick. Will the doctor give me a doctor's note for Monday, saying that I couldn't go to work because I was sick?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

If I was the doctor I wouldn't write a note for something that I had no direct knowledge of. In effect he would be taking your word for it which puts him out on a little bit of a limb. Of course if you have a very good relationship with him maybe he will. Can't hurt to try.

• 1 decade ago

Typically, yes, but even if they don't, if you get a doctor's note for today, your employer should have enough sense to ration that you were legitimately sick the previous day also.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are indeed sick, the Dr. may do this for you. I have had to do the same thing.

• 1 decade ago

yes, just call them and they will do it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.