Is this a viable solution to the evolution vs. intelligent design in public schools argument?

Growing up, my dad was military, so we moved a lot and I attended a lot of high schools. All of the high schools required a certain number of science credits and a certain number of social studies/humanities credits with a number of classes that fulfilled these requirements to choose from. So how about this:... show more Growing up, my dad was military, so we moved a lot and I attended a lot of high schools. All of the high schools required a certain number of science credits and a certain number of social studies/humanities credits with a number of classes that fulfilled these requirements to choose from.

So how about this:

Do not teach intelligent design or evolution before high school, period.

In high school offer two courses.

Evolution - fulfills a biological sciences requirement.

Intelligent Design (covers the creation stories of the major religions of the area) - fulfills a social studies/humanities requirement.

No other science or social studies/humanities courses cover either topic (you can study how cells work in biology w/out going into evolution).

No group is forced to take a course that they feel goes against their fundamental beliefs, but the knowledge is there for those that are interested. It's not like evolution is needed for the basic science courses offered before high school, or even during high school. It's more necessary for the collegiate level.
Update: I find it interesting that in the majority of these answers, those exact same people that claim religions force their beliefs on and brainwash everyone want to force their point of view on all children in school and not allow the other point of view a voice. I think the children should be exposed to both when... show more I find it interesting that in the majority of these answers, those exact same people that claim religions force their beliefs on and brainwash everyone want to force their point of view on all children in school and not allow the other point of view a voice.

I think the children should be exposed to both when they are old enough to understand the arguments for each side and allowed to decide for themselves.