Is adoption a solution to orphans living without structure and a home? ?

Do you think it would make sense to think of alternative solutions to raising the orphans that could benefit them ( housing, education, food, a "chance" at life ) to raise them better on a larger scale? Or do you think as many that can be adopted is better and to just leave the rest to fend for themselves?... show more Do you think it would make sense to think of alternative solutions to raising the orphans that could benefit them ( housing, education, food, a "chance" at life ) to raise them better on a larger scale?

Or do you think as many that can be adopted is better and to just leave the rest to fend for themselves?

If your answer is neither, what do you think should happen to all of the millions of orphans in the world? Any suggestions on helping a huge percentage of humanity? Is adoption a solution to helping orphans? is it the best solution? If not, what is a better solution to taking care of orphans?

thanks :)
Update: Nobody says you do need to apologize Jennifer. I'm certainly not advocating for children to remain in war stricken cities, countries and territories. That would be child abuse. I'm asking for opinions on a REAL solution to helping orphans on a large scale. You're putting intention into my question... show more Nobody says you do need to apologize Jennifer. I'm certainly not advocating for children to remain in war stricken cities, countries and territories. That would be child abuse. I'm asking for opinions on a REAL solution to helping orphans on a large scale.

You're putting intention into my question that isn't there.
Update 2: BTW - I spent 3 months in Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia, I've seen third world countries and their poor conditions. i know them from my own two eyes of experience too thanks.
Update 3: with all due respect Kazi, i wasn't saying that it was the same as living there. What I was saying was Supercali was claiming that many of us haven't "seen with our eyes" these conditions, and are speaking out of our @ss's, when in fact, I have visited, and seen them with my eyes. I'm not... show more with all due respect Kazi, i wasn't saying that it was the same as living there. What I was saying was Supercali was claiming that many of us haven't "seen with our eyes" these conditions, and are speaking out of our @ss's, when in fact, I have visited, and seen them with my eyes. I'm not talking out of my @ss.
Update 4: and no, i didn't have a home to return to, and I was pregnant.
Update 5: supercali - You can go ahead and continue to make blanket statments like no family will embrace their daughter or take them back to any lump of money but thats just not reality. Maybe some cultural differences make that a common practice, but its not all. One quick google and I found references to prove you wrong... show more supercali - You can go ahead and continue to make blanket statments like no family will embrace their daughter or take them back to any lump of money but thats just not reality. Maybe some cultural differences make that a common practice, but its not all. One quick google and I found references to prove you wrong about Indian families searching for their kidnapped daughters. I don't think you're looking at the big picture and being realistic. It shouldn't threaten you so much to this type of dismissal when someone, me, is looking for large scale suggestions on possible solutions to so many children growing up in horrible conditions. Dismiss away, but if adoption was the answer the UNICEF would support it. The united states hasn't even enacted the Convention on the Rights to the Child. come on! I also have 27 articles on children that were stolen and sold into the adoption industry in India alone. Gosh, imagine that.