Christians, do you make a conscious effort to ignore and/or talk around anything t?

If so, is it hard at times to resist reason? For example: Atheist: What makes Christian beliefs more valid than Mayan, African, or Greek beliefs? Christian: Easy, the bible said so. Atheist: What makes the bible so true that it trumps all other religious texts and some scientific facts? Christian: Because... show more If so, is it hard at times to resist reason?

For example:

Atheist: What makes Christian beliefs more valid than Mayan, African, or Greek beliefs?
Christian: Easy, the bible said so.
Atheist: What makes the bible so true that it trumps all other religious texts and some scientific facts?
Christian: Because it is the word of god.
Atheist: But "why" do you think that everything in the bible is the definitive word of god?
Christian: ::cites scripture that basically says everything in the bible is the word of god::

Atheist: That's circular logic, and honestly not very good. I think the real reason you have faith is a combination of indoctrination, scare tactics, and the massive expectation of society that you have to follow this.
Christian: walks away
Update: Atheist :also add "basic psychology" (i.e., this comforts me and makes me feel good) so you attribute that feeling to an external source (god), which strengthens your faith, right? When really people all over the word have done and felt the same comfort while believing dozens of gods different from your... show more Atheist :also add "basic psychology" (i.e., this comforts me and makes me feel good) so you attribute that feeling to an external source (god), which strengthens your faith, right?
When really people all over the word have done and felt the same comfort while believing dozens of gods different from your own. So one can conclude that 1. All those religions that conflict with each other are somehow true. or 2. This type of comfort is internal.

Christian: ignores and walks away
Update 2: Former level 7, but you owe yourself an explaination though?

I never called anyone stupid!
Update 3: Corie, I always post questions that just ask for you to explain your very valid beliefs. I haven't heard one yet! So unless your intentionally hiding something...
Update 4: Corie, have you ever heard of secular humanism before?
Update 5: Victoria, morality IS relative. Find any emprical proof that says otherwise. So?
Update 6: See what I mean! They're doing it again!
Instead of honestly appoaching the question and answering it directly.
Update 7: Logic is not the basis of atheist morality, how could it be?
The basis of morality is dependent of the person. For example, my morality is based around the notion of "fair". Fair is a concept rooted in our brains. That doesn't mean people follow it.