First year at new high school. Second Semester---TOO LATE to make friends?

Hey im 16, and I moved from a private school that i hated, because everyone mocked and teased me relentlessly (long story.) Everything that I did made people laugh at me for no reason---so I when I moved, I literally had no friends to hang out with. I like visited my new public school feeling extremely confident... show more Hey im 16, and I moved from a private school that i hated, because everyone mocked and teased me relentlessly (long story.) Everything that I did made people laugh at me for no reason---so I when I moved, I literally had no friends to hang out with. I like visited my new public school feeling extremely confident when I walked into the empty halls---feeling it was a great opportunity to start fresh. Then once school actually started, it was waay overwhelming b/c of the amount of people coming at you. Plus everyone seemed to have everything figured out. I was able to fake confidence and im fairly well known among acquaintances, but I just dont have any friends. I think ive started becoming annoying to people b/c im always interrputing their flow of conversation....but school is like my only social outlet. I always just stay at home on the computer (no smartass responses.) I found myself some acquaintances to sit with at lunch, but thats just it--acquaintances. Im afraid that im beginning to have awkward status among people now, and lunch has become extremely awkward. While I have the respect of many people---they're mainly freshmen who i cant stand their immaturity to the max. Im also now extremely self conscious even though im a good looking guy----which makes school exhausting. There are hundreds of girls im attracted to as well, but they're all either taken from the beginning of the year, or extremely awkward with me. I also dont think id bother---due to the fact that id seem like i dont have much of a life. Man---my grades are good, but I just dont have any true friends---and I dont think I ever have before. Ive always made acquaintances. Ive began to feel sick inside. I think the pressures of my old school have scarred me. Its just so hard to make true friends this late in the year---is it even possible? Btw, Ive been to the new school all year---to clear up confusion.