How can I refinance a new FHA loan into a conventional one?

I am purchasing a foreclosed house for $220k, which was immediately appraised at $260k. Therefore I'm paying approximately 80% of the appraised price. I don't have 20% down payment so I'm financing through FHA, but I don't want to pay PMI for the next five years, as required by FHA regardless of... show more I am purchasing a foreclosed house for $220k, which was immediately appraised at $260k. Therefore I'm paying approximately 80% of the appraised price. I don't have 20% down payment so I'm financing through FHA, but I don't want to pay PMI for the next five years, as required by FHA regardless of loan-to-value. What can I do to take advantage of the higher appraised value to avoid PMI? With a conventional loan, you can refinance if your house appreciates to 80% loan to value. At the time of purchase, the FHA lender will only take the purchase price into account, not the appraised price. In a year can I refinance into a conventional loan and drop the PMI requirement? Can I do it through my current lender or do I have to create a completely new loan and pay off the previous one? If I do so, does my upfront PMI get refunded? Any details are appreciated.
Update: I have no pre-payment penalty on my loan. I guess there will be additional closing costs if I were to do a re-fi. But I'm paying $100/mo for PMI x 12 months x 5 years = 6 grand. Even if closing costs are 3k, I come out ahead. I haven't really considered that all too much. I guess the biggest concern is... show more I have no pre-payment penalty on my loan. I guess there will be additional closing costs if I were to do a re-fi. But I'm paying $100/mo for PMI x 12 months x 5 years = 6 grand. Even if closing costs are 3k, I come out ahead. I haven't really considered that all too much. I guess the biggest concern is that in a year or two or however long it takes to gain 20% equity in the house, the interest rates could go up and increase my monthly payment.

So I guess my follow up question is, say that I can refinance in a year to get rid of PMI, what would determine whether it's worth it to stick it out for the 5 years, or to refi early? Financially, what makes sense?