Is the swine flu going to be the next plague?

Well, I honestly think that people are making this out to be much more than it is. I realize that this is mankind's first exposure to the illness, but with proper precautions, it can be avoided entirely. People panic whenever this sort of thing happens (i.e. SARS). Any thoughts?
Update: Just saw this on the NY Times: Two new swine flu cases were confirmed in Israel and as many as 11 in New Zealand, bringing the number of countries with confirmed cases to at least seven on Tuesday. But all, with the exception of Mexico, said the patients were recovering or had been hospitalized with only mild... show more Just saw this on the NY Times:
Two new swine flu cases were confirmed in Israel and as many as 11 in New Zealand, bringing the number of countries with confirmed cases to at least seven on Tuesday. But all, with the exception of Mexico, said the patients were recovering or had been hospitalized with only mild symptoms, leaving health officials struggling to determine why the disease has killed only in Mexico.

See? MILD symptoms.
3 answers 3