Why Does YA Fail To Delete Answers That Violate the Guidelines?

I've tried to find the answer to this question, but all I can find are Questions regarding Answers being deleted for "PETTY" reasons. This only makes my situation all the more frustrating. I have only twice in my life clicked on the "Report Abuse" button, both times because of obvious... show more I've tried to find the answer to this question, but all I can find are Questions regarding Answers being deleted for "PETTY" reasons.

This only makes my situation all the more frustrating. I have only twice in my life clicked on the "Report Abuse" button, both times because of obvious violations. The first time the offending Answer was swiftly deleted.

The second time, a month ago, the Answer *wasn't* deleted. The offending party blatantly and repeatedly insulted me (Violation #1) and did so by repeatedly calling me *by name* (Violation #2). I reported it via the "Report Abuse" button, but nothing was ever done about it. Her offending answer still remains. (And apparently, once you've "Reported" an Answer, you can't report it again.)

It's hard to understand why people get their Answers deleted "for no good reason," but when people clearly violate the Guidelines, they are given a pass.

Is there any recourse?
Update: Not that it probably makes a difference, but I myself have never been Reported for any violation on Yahoo Answers.
Update 2: Thanks to all of you for your very helpful answers. B ~ Thanks, and I see what you mean about not knowing if I've ever been reported, if only one person reported me. What I should have said is that none of my Answers has ever been *deleted.* The only reason I mentioned that at all is that is I could... show more Thanks to all of you for your very helpful answers.

B ~ Thanks, and I see what you mean about not knowing if I've ever been reported, if only one person reported me. What I should have said is that none of my Answers has ever been *deleted.* The only reason I mentioned that at all is that is I could understand YA staff ignoring me if I *myself* had ever had an answer deleted because any violation(s) of my own. But none of my answers has ever been deleted by the YA staff (and I'm not the type to be combative or inflammatory anyway).

H-man ~ Thanks! I hadn't realized that more than one Report is needed. Because I was the only one who was attacked in the offending Answer (which was posted a good many hours after the Question was asked, and was the very last Answer under the thread) , I can understand why no one else presumably reported it.
Update 3: Cheers [uk] ~ Wow, that is really very helpful! Thank you so much for giving me the email address by which to follow up on this matter. All the best to you, too!

Brooke ~ I can well imagine how frustrated your friend must be. She, too, might want to pay heed to the helpful answer given above.