Was my sister being rude?

Hey guys. Yesterday, my dad had his friend from work, his wife and their baby over for about an hour. Most of the time, dad was talking to his friend. During this time, his friend's wife was playing with her baby. My sister and I both introduced ourselves and said goodbye when they left. After they were... show more Hey guys. Yesterday, my dad had his friend from work, his wife and their baby over for about an hour. Most of the time, dad was talking to his friend. During this time, his friend's wife was playing with her baby. My sister and I both introduced ourselves and said goodbye when they left.

After they were gone, dad was really angry at my sister because she didn't hang out with the man's wife and her baby. But he wasn't angry at me because he said that it was a female thing.

Neither me or my sister knew these people or that they were coming around for a visit. Do you really think my sister was rude for not going out and making conversation with the man's wife and her kid? Or do you think my dad is being sexist?