Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

How do you keep your wife from killing your mojo at the town fitness center?

I used to work out at my office gym, but, for Christmas, my wife got me a membership at the local Planet Fitness that she'd recently joined and sometimes we just happen to go at the same time.

She just started exercising, so just walks on the treadmill (not offense to treadmill walkers -- I'm sure you go faster than 3.5 MPH). Anyway, I do stair climbing and elliptical at the other end of the gym. I have a minor injury so can jog right now, or I'd run on a machine next to her.

Anyway, the place is packed because of people who've made New Year's resolutions. I was working out at my end of the gym and as soon as I was done, some MILFy woman in a leotard and perfect figure wanted my machine. We got into a joyful conversation about all the people in the gym there for the new year -- they'll be gone in a couple weeks, we laughed, back to the sofas -- then wifey ambles over and the conversation stops dead and the eye contact between the woman and me disappeared.

Not that is was going to go anywhere, I don't imagine, but the gym seems like a place where people like to flirt, and now a big reason for going is literally crushed by my wife.

You ever been in a situation where you lose your mojo as the spouse comes along?

Well, simply tell your wife that your schedule differs from hers too greatly to go work out at the same times. Try to find out exactly when she'll be going and be "conveniently" stuck at work at those times.

Also, you could see if you could maybe trade in the gym membership for a refund and head to another gym. Just a thought. Your wife sounds like a real mood killer.

• Autumn

Are you kidding? He kills my mojo every time he's near, and it doesn't matter where we are or what the setting is. In fact, sometimes he doesn't even have to be with me, as just the thought of him does it.

I think the only way for you to keep your wife from killing your mojo is to either go back to your old gym, find a new one (make up some excuse), or just try to find a way to go at different times. That may not always be possible, but at least you might feel more relaxed if you weren't there together all the time.

I don't really take offense to your remarks about treadmill users. ; ) You have no way of knowing this, but I usually do 3.5 MPH, but probably work out longer than your wife does. I can't go much faster than that because of my leg, or I would. Anyway, this isn't related to what you asked, but your wife is to be commended on her exercising and trying to get in shape. I hope she sticks with it and doesn't get discouraged. Don't make her feel bad about being a beginner at it. You never know. Months from now, she might be the MILFy woman that some other guy is flirting with.

You're married, flirting isn't ok anymore pal sorry. Milfy or not you shouldn't be flirting with other women and especially when the wife is there to possibly see it. You're not flirting with women you're flirting with disaster. If she sees you flirting with another woman that gives her reason to be upset. If she can trust you then she doesn't have anything to worry about but that doesn't mean you can do it. And if the other women found out you were married they'd feel the same. Also if your wife is vengeful or easily made jealous then you're asking for her to make your life miserable. bottom line... it's not cool, it's stupid on your part and just don't do it

I like the use of the word MILFy, I use that myself! lol First rule is never work out with your gf/wife, you are asking for trouble. My advice is suck it up for the length of the gym membership then get back to your old gym where you can let loose and be yourself without having "the wife" watching you try and pick up MILFs or any other hot, sexy young girl that will hop on your jock!

• Sue C

Eddie, you set yourself up for that one & left yourself wide open from the very git go...lol From now on you're going to have to just work out, let the chit chat go, & remember the "eyes" are on you while you're there as long as the two of you choose the same time to go. Just remember to keep your EF away too or you'll really be knee deep or should I say over your head...:)

I think that flirting with other women (especiall gorgeous women) will lead you to feeling dissatisfied with your own wife. I think it will only lead to bad things. Maybe it's best your mojo is stolen. Go back to the gym you worked out at before. My humble advice.

He wrecked that years ago, but am getting it back and he doesn't like it, tough I say, he's out the door tomorrow, at least one of us is escaping mate, for how long who knows, but he will have to come to pick up the rest of his stuff, you tend to accumulate a lot of stuff over 21 years :)

Source(s): Froggie

in the milfy's eyes there was the 'hes married to that?' thought

in the wife's mind theres the 'hes mine, back of bi**h!' polite look behind the eyes.

To paraphrase Lyndon Johnson talking about Hubert Humphrey's...ah... man-parts --

My lady has my mojo in a jar in her lockbox.

However, as far as flirting goes, I agree with the woman who says "It doesn't matter where he gets his appetite, as long as he comes home for dinner."

Of course, with YOU, and your 19-year old "friend" side dish, that might not apply...

That was doomed from the start if you were both in there at the same time.