Uncontrollable urge to drink water?

I had an interesting thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Maybe someone knowledgeable about the human body can give a reason why this might happen. I ate 2 fillets of fried catfish from my local discount grocery store...I know, probably not the best idea. 3-4 hours later I began to feel very sick, and I soon... show more I had an interesting thing happen to me a few weeks ago. Maybe someone knowledgeable about the human body can give a reason why this might happen.

I ate 2 fillets of fried catfish from my local discount grocery store...I know, probably not the best idea. 3-4 hours later I began to feel very sick, and I soon began vomiting. This lasted for an hour or two until I had nothing to vomit up.

At this point, I was kind of hallucinating/dreaming...constantly being between awake and asleep (like when you get a bad cold and can't sleep at night), about me owing an auto shop. When I was fully awake, I had the uncontrollable urge to drink water. I would get out of my bed and fill up a glass of water and chug it. I remember that it tasted so good. After I was done, a few minutes later I would get another glass. This would continue until I began to feel sick from drinking so much water. Eventually I would vomit up pure water because I couldn't stop myself from drinking more water.

After I had vomited, I would feel better for maybe 30 minutes, then the cycle would start again. I probably drank 2 gallons of water, judging by how full my trashcan was of water-throwup.

Why would this happen? I would be interested to know!
Update: Ok, I don't think it was a bacterial infection because it only lasted about 24 hours. Obviously, if it had continued I would have gone to a hospital. There is a form of food poisioning related to fish that involves a massive histimine intake (fish not chilled after capture can produce large amounts of... show more Ok, I don't think it was a bacterial infection because it only lasted about 24 hours. Obviously, if it had continued I would have gone to a hospital. There is a form of food poisioning related to fish that involves a massive histimine intake (fish not chilled after capture can produce large amounts of histimine that are not deactivated by cooking). This would explain my relatively short lived sick feeling. What it does not explain, and what I am most interested in, is the urge to drink water. It really wasn't that I was dehydrated...I felt more than hydrated. It was more like I was temporarily addicted to the sensation of drinking water...very strange