Dog becoming outdoor pet after being indoor his whole life?

ill be moving houses from my mums to my dads permanently in a few weeks and because i lived in an apartment with my mum, my dog stayed indoors and slept near us. my dad refuses to let him inside the house but he does have a backyard and says he must stay there, including sleeping there. im worried my dog wont be... show more ill be moving houses from my mums to my dads permanently in a few weeks and because i lived in an apartment with my mum, my dog stayed indoors and slept near us. my dad refuses to let him inside the house but he does have a backyard and says he must stay there, including sleeping there. im worried my dog wont be able to adjust not only with the sudden temperature change but being seperated from me so much. im also continuing to keep him on strict monthly medication for heartworms, worms as i have his whole life as he will be more exposed in the outdoors. it will be nice during summer for him in the backyard but im fearing winter may take a poll on him as hes never experienced cold like that before, especially for a whole night. also i dont feel my dog is good with seperation from us, he absolutely love the family. however, he also loves the outdoors. sometimes he loves it so much if he sees a spot of sun coming through the window he will just sit there until it goes away.
Update: there is no way my dog can stay with my mum
Update 2: there is also a little shelter/shed area next to the garden which is where my dad suggested he would sleep at night but i would rather him sleep indoors with me, but that will never happen

i love this dog and i am not rehoming him
Update 3: he is a wire haired jack russell terrier cross

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u184/...