Replacing Xbox 360 disc drive?

I have two Xbox 360 systems. One is the original system I recieved for Christmas during the launch year that got the RROD. Long story short, I sent it in for repairs and it still overheats (two red rings). My second Xbox 360 is the one I purchased after my first one got the RROD. It has worked fine for a few... show more I have two Xbox 360 systems. One is the original system I recieved for Christmas during the launch year that got the RROD. Long story short, I sent it in for repairs and it still overheats (two red rings).

My second Xbox 360 is the one I purchased after my first one got the RROD. It has worked fine for a few years, but now it isn't recognizing game discs, which means the disc drive is failing. Instead of sending it in to money-hungry Microsoft to get "fixed," I was wondering if it would be possible to take the working disc drive out of my first Xbox, and transplant it into the second.

If anyone could give me any advice or link a tutorial that specifically deals with installing a new, Xbox brand disc drive that would be great. Thanks.

Also, if it matters, one of the Xbox 360s is a pro system and the other is a core system. I assume the disc drives are pretty much identical.