Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 1 decade ago

How often are you aloud to make mistakes in the CF/-18 fighter pilot course in Canada?

I am just wondering about making mistakes for the training of the CF/-18 Hornet. I know every rookie makes mistakes, but I am just wondering about: Let's just say you failed a centrifuge test on the G Force training. You got ONE MORE chance, to go in the centriguge, and you sucessfully passed the G Force training, after you failed the first one. Now if you go into the AIR TO AIR refueling, and you fail the AIR TO AIR refueling. Do you get one more chance of the AIR TO AIR refueling too? or can you only make ONE mistake, out of all the fighter pilot training? So basically I am asking How often are you aloud to make mistakes, in the CF/-18 Fighter pilot training course in Canada?

Thanks Alot! I appreciate it!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

You can make lots of mistakes. Training is designed for a student to learn by doing. There is however a standard that must be achieved on each flight. As your training progresses the standard gets higher and higher. If you fail to meet the standard repeatedly, you will undergo a progress review board which will decide if you are able to continue training or if you must cease training. It can be different items or the same item, a failure is a failure.

The training programs are designed to teach someone from scratch into a pilot though. There is a steep learning curve but its not at all unachievable.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You aren't allowed to make as many mistakes as you like...

There are standards to achieve, but only so many hours in which to achieve them. There are a few extra missions to make up for mistakes (everybody makes them) but if you aren't making the grade by a certain time, you will CT (cease training).

Just so you know, the Forces still own you, so even if you can't fly a plane you still need to put in your time.

• 1 decade ago

You're allowed to make as many mistakes as you make. However, if you don't meet up to standards, they'll kick you out.

Do you know how many successful jumps you need to make to become a military certified paratrooper? All of them.

• 1 decade ago

It depends upon the mistake.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No idea but good luck with it. Fighter planes are the ****.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.