Christians: Is there actually any evidence for the Bible or not?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101212020014AAEfjfp Take a look at this question, and you might understand why I'm annoyed. All I asked was for Christians to justify themselves and give actual evidence for relevant events in the Bible. I was told by someone that I was weak for asking this, and... show more http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...

Take a look at this question, and you might understand why I'm annoyed. All I asked was for Christians to justify themselves and give actual evidence for relevant events in the Bible. I was told by someone that I was weak for asking this, and that tons of evidence exists, and then was given absolutely no explanation of this evidence. The answerers who weren't Christians telling me that there's no evidence and I should take the Bible on faith, were essentially atheists telling me that there's no evidence and I should take the Bible away.

Can you actually give evidence for your Bible, or not? And I don't mean like proof that historical figures like Herod or Pontius Pilate existed, I mean proof that Herod sent an order to kill all the newborn infants at the time, or the court records detailing Pontius Pilate's orders to execute Jesus Christ. All I want is some proof, and then I'll finally start taking you people seriously! Because until you can actually show me that you have some proof for the veracity of your Bible, there will be absolutely no reason to believe anything it says.
Update: Mr McKenzie- Skeptical Christian - I respect your answer because you've actually had a valid go at providing evidence unlike just about everyone else. I don't agree with you upon Herod though, and here's why: You mention that Herod was bloodthirsty and murderous, and that there is no evidence of his order to... show more Mr McKenzie- Skeptical Christian -
I respect your answer because you've actually had a valid go at providing evidence unlike just about everyone else. I don't agree with you upon Herod though, and here's why:

You mention that Herod was bloodthirsty and murderous, and that there is no evidence of his order to slaughter newborns... were that true, that would surprise me. Herod thought, so says the Bible, that his claim to power would be challenged by a newborn, and ordered them all killed. Was this really without any impact in history? As it happens, saying that Herod's killings were so frequent that it would be hard to prove that he did kill the children just casts the veracity of the story in doubt, not strengthens it.

However, you provided a fairly valid case for the crucifixion. It wouldn't change what I think about religion if the crucifixion were proved real, but you seem to have done a pretty good job at trying to verify it.

Nark -
"How do you know God does not exist?"
I asked