Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 years ago

Why don't Y!A stop people on level 1 from posting links... it would stop a lot of these nuisance spammers?

They open a new account and straight away post spam like this on many questions... it takes a lot of reporting to get them suspnded...here is a typical example from a prat called Milo...

hey see www.studiesinfo.com for this. Navigate through the links available on left and right side.

Source(s):

searched and visited personally.

I realise that it's not possible to click on this link as it's not blue but isn't it possible to make every such link asterisked,( ****) as are swearwords.

This would not provide these spammers with the incentive to post.

Rev... I think it would be worth it to get rid of these pesky spammers.... they are very unlikely to last until level 2.

Paul.... I thought that answering questions was the purpose of Y!A.

Without their links... they wouldn't bother posting. If every link containing www. was asterisked.... it would not be worth their while to post this pesky spam. Other genuine level 1 answerers would only have to wait until they are on level 2.

Jamie... good point... it's not only spam they post it's links to viruses, malware etc...

• Alzo
    Best answer

It is not only annoying, which is bad enough, but it is potentially devastating as Jamie pointed out.

I clicked on one link on a question and the next thing I saw was my own "Shared Files" account on the screen. What?! Talk about freaking out.

I never click on any link now unless it is a well-known, legitimate site. It's just not worth compromising my privacy. I automatically report any spam. Why not? It is in direct violation of Y!A Community Guidelines and Terms of Service.

Although I may be wrong, I figure the more I report a certain spammer, the more Y!A takes notice. Hopefully, they are thinking about the problem, too, and how to deal with it effectively.

• carly

The hyperlinks now not turn blue; so they don't seem to be clickable. There are web pages offering 30¢ consistent with answer for each unsolicited mail answer that somebody will positioned up. that's lots of money to somebody from a damaging usa. They pay extra for a point 2 consumer. The spammers are generally extra devious than we expect of. There are thousands of solutions merchandising Acai Berries for weight relief. however the authentic scam is they invoice your mastercard for $4 hundred. human beings theory that the worst that should ensue advance into that the pills does not artwork.

• Level one users cannot post clickable links. I don't see any way for Y!A to stop people (or spam bots) from typing web addresses in here. If they could do that, they could filter the spam bots' posts out altogether.

I'd like to think we're all smart enough to report these users and not go to the web sites they're pushing, but I guess we can't really assume that.

:o)

well i think level 1 users not being to post clickable links is good enough.

how would the filter really be able to tell if it is a link curse words are blocked out becuase there are onky so many of them the team only has to enter them and the filter regonizes them. but there are so many spam links that would be har plus the spambots would just alter them like putting a space in the middle of it or something so it would show. plus how would level 1 users source a site they used.

but post your suggestion here http://suggestions.yahoo.com/?prop=answers

i agree to this, theyre was even one time i posted a question, this guy posted a link, i opened it but the page didnt load so i clicked the link on the page, then it brought me onto another loading page, when the page loaded there was a trojan theyre and my antivirus blocked it, but i pay for it. ( its really good )

i mean the trojan could of even left behind a auto typer or anything, and ofcourse it was a level 1 only leaving a link behind [ and so on ]

Really i Think Yahoo Answers think it is only fair they can post links but you should email answers and tell them about this it is just annoying it gets more annoying everytime you see it and answers whitch they normally say like Google It or I dont know

I recomend you to put your idea on this website for Yahoo to look at it and others can like it and then it is more likely it happening

http://suggestions.yahoo.com/?prop=answers

• Rev

Doing that would make it too hard for legitimate answerers to post their sources.

wouldnt really stop the idiots

they would just change it too

www.studiesinfodotcom

many ways around it :(

but some people that try too help also use site links

Maybe you get a bit too involved.. don't be so nosey and feel the need to follow every link and answer every question and perhaps you won't notice them as much. I've only just discovered this thing it's hilarious!

Won't do any good. As they can still answer, therefore still a threat