How can I say 'no' without hurting his feelings?

My dad has been unjustly detained without charge in Dubai for 3 years now. The judicial system there is soooo slow and for the last 6 months in particular no progress has been made on his case (if there even is one!!! The lawyers on both sides are wondering why on earth he's in there in the first place!)... show more My dad has been unjustly detained without charge in Dubai for 3 years now. The judicial system there is soooo slow and for the last 6 months in particular no progress has been made on his case (if there even is one!!! The lawyers on both sides are wondering why on earth he's in there in the first place!) Basically they turn up to court, and there's always someone absent - namely the judge - so the hearing gets postponed another a month.

Anyway, that's besides the point, I just wanted to give you a brief background of our horrible situation.

I live in the UK. My parents own a couple of holiday flats in Spain, and over the past 3 years, I've been helping out with that side of things - I have a full power of attorney over my father's affairs in Spain so any signatures needed, or documents to be done, etc... I would fly out to Spain (only a 2 hour flight anyway) get the stuff done and fly back to the UK the same day. This has been OK so far, even through my first pregnancy - I would take my baby with me sometimes.

I am now pregnant a second time, and having a VERY difficult pregnancy. My pelvis is basically out of its' place and I'm wearing 2 support belts plus I'm on crutches. I've also just entered the 8th month of the pregnancy (I'm 32 weeks now)

My dad now wants me to do something for him with regards to the flats in Spain. I don't know how to say "no" I can't help you as I really am the ONLY person who speaks Spanish and who can help. He's relied on me for everything else over the last 3 years. I don't have the heart to say 'no' to him now. I haven't told him about my difficult pregnancy because I don't want to worry him while he's "in jail". He missed the birth of my first born (he was arrested 2 weeks just before the birth) and now he will miss the second.

My dad is not a bad man and his involvement in all this was simply a result of an inconsistent and corrupt judicial system. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time and now because of the way the system works, he's kind of 'stuck' there. In fact, for the first year he was incarcerated they couldn't even create a case file on him because.... there was no case!!! That's how ridiculous it is over there.

The point is.. how do I tell him I can't help him now. I have my own family to look after, in addition to this difficult pregnancy. What if I go into labour while I'm in Spain and I have no one around me to help me?! I really don't know how to break it to him gently....

HELP!