Do people really believe the government controls all the climate scientists?

Whenever I've talked to people who claim global warming doesn't exist, they link it to the government. For example, they will insist the government is trying to regulate our lives as an answer to why they don't find man-made global warming plausible. So I'm confused. Is the idea that the... show more Whenever I've talked to people who claim global warming doesn't exist, they link it to the government. For example, they will insist the government is trying to regulate our lives as an answer to why they don't find man-made global warming plausible.

So I'm confused. Is the idea that the government / developed countries' governments, are paying off thousands of climate scientists in order to ensure we use less electricity and don't run the dishwasher as long? And, all the while, no one has found any hard evidence to prove it (no one reputable has uncovered this 'evil plan')?