What's the story with people thinking evolution hasn't been proven?

Have I gone back in time to the 1850s?

Is it because evolution is a theory? What about gravity, do creationists think we don't observe or predict gravity's effects either?

...
Update: That's only partly true, The Man Who laughs.

Gravity etc may be proven. Certainly as a force.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpgravity/new...

...
Update 2: "so where is the evolution"

That's an awful example. Spiders have remained unchanged for some 300 million years - so "where is their evolution?"

Answer, they don't need to evolve.

...
Update 3: I'm not disagreeing, lightening. All I'm saying is that gravity etc are supported by proof. Our understanding may change, we might even end up calling it something else but everything is affected by gravity. Same with organisms being affected by evolution.

...
Update 4: @ Mike M. Have you ever read that book? Darwin wrote immediately after your quote-mine "When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in... show more @ Mike M. Have you ever read that book?

Darwin wrote immediately after your quote-mine "When it was first said that the sun stood still and the world turned round, the common sense of mankind declared the doctrine false; but the old saying of Vox populi, vox Dei, as every philosopher knows, cannot be trusted in science. Reason tells me, that if numerous gradations from a simple and imperfect eye to one complex and perfect can be shown to exist"

...
Update 5: @ HDanley, I don't expect a reply.

"Gravity has been observed, measured, etc., so that means evolution is true, too"

No, because evolution has been observed measured and predicted, that means it's true.

...
Update 6: @ Covered Glory "Personally, I do not see any evidence for cell to multi-cell evolution"

Then you should keep up to date.
http://m.io9.com/5815640/laboratory-yeas...

"genetic information cannot be added"

See above.

...