Could I get a student loan for student teaching even if I'm not enrolled in college?

I graduated college with a B.A. back in 2008. Now, after moving to El Paso for husband's job, I have decided to get certified as a teacher. I am going through an alternative certification program (ACP) which means I have done training and classroom observations, but I am not enrolled in a college nor... show more I graduated college with a B.A. back in 2008. Now, after moving to El Paso for husband's job, I have decided to get certified as a teacher. I am going through an alternative certification program (ACP) which means I have done training and classroom observations, but I am not enrolled in a college nor attending university classes. Most of my accreditation work has been done online through a well-known Texas ACP, A+ Texas Teachers.

Now I am ready to student teach (your basic internship--lots of work, no pay). Before I student teach I have to pay the program's fee of $3500. I need to get a loan for this, but I'd like to avoid private loans. (Husband has one from Chase from his college days and the interest rate is killing us.)

Do you think I qualify for a "student loan", with the accompanying deferred payment? Which institution would be the best to contact regarding this? Since I'm not "in school" I doubt I can use the FAFSA. If I don't qualify for a student loan, who would you recommend I seek out?

Thanks.