Was I right to be offended that he called me a slob?

One of the reasons that my least favorite ex and I broke up was that he was constantly insulting how clean I kept my apartment. We never lived together, but he was always calling me a slob. One time, I remember I was on my hands and knees picking up clothes and trash on the floor, while he yelled at me. He told all... show more One of the reasons that my least favorite ex and I broke up was that he was constantly insulting how clean I kept my apartment. We never lived together, but he was always calling me a slob. One time, I remember I was on my hands and knees picking up clothes and trash on the floor, while he yelled at me. He told all his friends what a slob I was, as well as his parents. His parents then told everyone what a slob I was, too. One time, he made me hire a maid to clean my apartment, which cost me $100. And likewise, he was always telling me that if he was my landlord, he'd kick me out. No, I'm not a perfect housekeeper, but I found it so insulting to constantly be told what a slob I was. And the thing is, I DO try. I would always clean before he came over, but it apparently wasn't good enough. Was I right to be offended?
Update: I'm not saying I'm a neat freak, but I take pride in where I live. And like I said, I would always clean before he'd come over. Give me a break. But I guess it's funny if that is my worst trait. Maybe that's why I am now dating an awesome guy who I plan on spending the rest of my life with,... show more I'm not saying I'm a neat freak, but I take pride in where I live. And like I said, I would always clean before he'd come over. Give me a break. But I guess it's funny if that is my worst trait. Maybe that's why I am now dating an awesome guy who I plan on spending the rest of my life with, while my ex has no boyfriend, no friends and is unemployed. lol