How to clear a flooded motorcycle?

When I bought the bike it had a carberator problem so I got sloppy using too much throttle then when i got it fixed one night I accidently hit the throttle like before the fix and It flooded the engine . I dont want to open the starter case if I dont have to so I am thinking If I pop the sparkplugs out and then... show more When I bought the bike it had a carberator problem so I got sloppy using too much throttle then when i got it fixed one night I accidently hit the throttle like before the fix and It flooded the engine .

I dont want to open the starter case if I dont have to so I am thinking If I pop the sparkplugs out and then put it in second and roll it a bit this should clear out the fuel ... is there any drawback to this method of fixing the flooded engine..

when I checked the sparkplugs they were wet so they are getting fuel and the battery is fine ... I have tried various levels of choke and have also tried it with full throttle starting and nothing..

should I maybe cover the cylinders with a bag to keep out dust ...

any help would be appreciated ... the bike was working great after the fix so I am thinking it is this boneheaded flooding that caused it to stop starting...
Update: the bike is a 1983 yamaha virago 500 ...
Update 2: yes i know the proper way to start I also had a bad vaccuum line on the carb when the bike was bought and I didnt know about it until it was fixed and to get it started sometimes with the bad vaccuum line I had to choke it fully all the time and then in the colder times add throttle to just add a bit more ... show more yes i know the proper way to start I also had a bad vaccuum line on the carb when the bike was bought and I didnt know about it until it was fixed and to get it started sometimes with the bad vaccuum line I had to choke it fully all the time and then in the colder times add throttle to just add a bit more ...

this is why I flooded it this time I wasnt thinking and just went into habit of hitting the throttle... I am aware of the way the mikuni choke works on my bike its an enrichment choke not a cut off air choke .. so the mikuni actually adds more fuel to the enjine when its engaged...

my question wasnt how to start a flooded engine because the standard ways were NOT WORKING ..

I wanted to know if ROLLING the bike with plugs removed would push the EXCESS GAS OUT THE EXHAust port and into the muffler so the cyllinder can dry more quickly ....