Constipation and stool softners?

I was thinking about taking one.. yesterday I was trying to use the bathroom and had zero luck. I was starting to strain and it was so uncomfortable that I had to wipe and call it quits. I did not have a bowel movment yet.. but I do have a pressure in my butt obvi. I don't even want to try though I know... show more I was thinking about taking one.. yesterday I was trying to use the bathroom and had zero luck. I was starting to strain and it was so uncomfortable that I had to wipe and call it quits. I did not have a bowel movment yet.. but I do have a pressure in my butt obvi. I don't even want to try though I know it'll be much more painful today so I wana go pick up a stool softner but will it work for poop that's already bulit up and ready to come out? I just feel like it was either dry or to big when I had to go. But I drink a lot of water so I don't get it. But then I hear about suppositories (sorry about spelling) will this help me any? I'm starting to feel the urge to go but I'm seriously not sitting on the toliet or I'm going to have probs. What will help me soften what's already about to be pushed out? Please answer I don't wana rip my butt trying to strain and get this thing out!
7 answers 7