Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEarth Sciences & Geology · 8 years ago

What time is the world supposed to end on December 21, 2012?

I know the world isn't really going to end today, and I think it's absolutely ridiculous that anyone would believe it is. But my 11-year-old brother thinks it's going to end, and I want to be able to go scream "I told you so!" in his face as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Q: Is NASA predicting a "total blackout" of Earth on Dec. 23 to Dec. 25?

A: Absolutely not. Neither NASA nor any other scientific organization is predicting such a blackout. The false reports on this issue claim that some sort of "alignment of the Universe" will cause a blackout. There is no such alignment (see next question). Some versions of this rumor cite an emergency preparedness message from NASA Administrator Charles Bolden. This is simply a message encouraging people to be prepared for emergencies, recorded as part of a wider government preparedness campaign. It never mentions a blackout.

›Watch the Video

Q: Could planets align in a way that impacts Earth?

A: There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades and even if these alignments were to occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One major alignment occurred in 1962, for example, and two others happened during 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence.

and no the end of world wont happen idk what time but only God will know when he says in the Bible that No man Nor the Son Nor the Angles and heaven will know when the world is going to send wont know the time the hour nor the day nor night all i can say is be ready and have trust faith and live for the lord God Bless you

Well you can officially scream "I told you so!" in your brothers face now because the world was susposed to end between 6am and 7am EST and its now 7:15am EST. Between 6 and 7 EST the entire world is living in the same day and after 7am EST the eastern side of russia is officially in the 22nd of december so its officially safe to say the world did not end. Time to party lol btw this whole end of the world junk was ridiculous because the mayans did not even predict the end of the world. The calender is just as it says, its a calender. What do calenders do? they restart lol this was the 13th time the mayan calender has looped around and its a time of celebration to the mayans. The stupid 2012 movie started the whole end of the world crap. So while the entire world was freaking out the people still involved in mayan traditions have been partying like crazy.

Well in the 2012 movie New York was suppose to get a flooding and that didn't happen

People must be dumb to even think the world is going to end

It depends where you live. That every place in the world has a time to end. Like where I am was suppose to end at 3am and I live in New Caney. And nothing happend. But the people that say the world is going to end have a few points. Like the tempature being warmer this year, Mayan calendar and other culture calendars. I don't think the world is going to end but something big. Like the killing in a elementary school last Friday.

I know the world is not going to end because if it was, wouldn't we hear it was going end from NASA or a weather man? And we would have experienced power outages and bad storms..What I heard is that the world is suppose to end at exactly 11:00am.Even though nothing is going to happen. There is nothing to be afraid of!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Thanks.

Source(s): time world supposed december 21 2012: https://biturl.im/P0rsB

People are stupid. If most people had even studied the mayan calendar even a little bit, they would realize this is rubbish. The mayan calendar also didn't account for leap years, so technically the mayan calendar "December 21st" should have been a long time ago...

1

Source(s): When Will Earth End? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy/?Y2Wz

I heard it was supposed to end at 11:30 AM.But I really don't understnad why so many people belive in that crap. I'm not trying to sound negative or mean, but people can be real idiots sometimes -_-

Well For CST Time It Was Sopposed to End At 11:11 am.