Who initiates domestic violence more often, men or women?

While far more women report cases of domestic violence, I've heard reports that indicate women actually initiate domestic violence more often than men do or just as often as men do. The thing is, men either brush it off, do the right thing and don't hit her back, but then never report it because he thinks... show more While far more women report cases of domestic violence, I've heard reports that indicate women actually initiate domestic violence more often than men do or just as often as men do. The thing is, men either brush it off, do the right thing and don't hit her back, but then never report it because he thinks it's minor or because he doesn't want to be humiliated. Or, he hits her back, with more force sometimes, and she reports it. Because she reports it and/or because he hit her harder than she hit him, he gets arrested. If it's true, that women initiate dv as often as men do, why aren't feminists telling women not to hit men? The fact is, weather feminists want to agree with it or not, many women still think it's perfectly fine to hit a man and he shouldn't hit her back. I personally think, if women didn't slap or hit men in the first place, there would be a lot fewer cases of dv towards women. It doesn't matter if it's just a little slap. Domestic violence is domestic violence. If you hit a man and you feel entitled that he won't hit you back, because you're a woman, you are really stupid.
Update: @Bitter, What's wrong with feminists not telling women not to hit men?
Update 2: @An Apple a Day, I've never hit a woman in my life!!! You don't know me!
Update 3: Thank you Nicole and Lili, so far you two are the only two women that get it.
Update 4: Thank you Nicole and Lili, so far you two are the only two women that get it.