Why is it that when the concentration of the product is high the rate of reaction is low?

I am studying for a Biology course class that I missed and I have the power point presentations that my teacher wrote out. I am trying to understand what he wrote: When the concentration of the product is high the rate of reaction is low When the concentration of the product is low the rate of reaction is high I... show more I am studying for a Biology course class that I missed and I have the power point presentations that my teacher wrote out. I am trying to understand what he wrote:

When the concentration of the product is high the rate of reaction is low
When the concentration of the product is low the rate of reaction is high

I have tried searching about reaction rates of enzymes, and all I can find is that the rate of enzyme action is proportional to the concentration of substrate. More substrate the faster the reaction rate.

I am confused because this contradicts what my teacher wrote and I need further clarification!
Thank you!!!
Update: Does this have to do with feedback control/inhibition??
1 answer 1