Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and, as of 20 April 2021 (Eastern Time), the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

S
S asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 5 years ago

Poll: When you travel, do you ever buy souvenirs?

Yep. My most recent ones are refrigerator fish magnets from the FL Keys.

• Kai

No. To me it's a waste of money, time and just collects dust at home (or becomes more junk you stash away that takes up space and will eventually need to be dealt with). I also do not like my people bringing home souvenirs for me from their travels--waste of their time and money. I'd much much rather they spent that on themselves, maybe be able to have a bit more extravagant meal while there, spend a bit more time enjoying themselves, etc. I don't really understand the reason why bringing home souvenirs from your travels for someone who has never been there and will never go there is done; I certainly have no point of association with the souvenir, never having been there. All I ask is that my people send or post (on FB or on one of the photo sites) pictures so I can vicariously travel with them.

Almost always. I like collecting things like that. When I went to the ocean a couple years ago I made my own mini ocean souvenir with beach water, sand, shells, and pretty jar. It's the most meaningful of my souvenirs. I also like to collect those smashed coins you can make at different places while traveling.

Yes. I bought it. It is good to buy souvenirs when we travel. It reminds the places we use to visit. It's a kind of memory and also a decorative part of our rooms

If I could ever travel, and if I could ever buy anything in the first place, yes, I would buy souvenirs.

Yes I do. It need not necessarily be something that reminds me of that place (although that's the whole point of buying souvenirs :p ), but it's nice to get one. You will always remember the place and the memories you had there :)

Going someplace and not shopping is just not done :p

Yes I have a cabinet full of souvenirs for people to look at when they come over.

• Kaylin

Yes! I always buy a souvenir, whether its a magnet, some sweets or a keyring.

Yes

Yes

Yes! I don't know why but I love collecting little souvenirs!