Do you hate someone just for being vegan?

I've been vegan for about 9 years now. I just do it for myself. Couldn't care less if you eat human babies. Obviously I can't keep it to myself forever. If I go to someone's house for dinner I have to tell them I'm vegan. If we get lunch at work I have to tell them. Most people seem to get... show more I've been vegan for about 9 years now. I just do it for myself. Couldn't care less if you eat human babies. Obviously I can't keep it to myself forever. If I go to someone's house for dinner I have to tell them I'm vegan. If we get lunch at work I have to tell them. Most people seem to get defensive the moment I say I'm vegan and can't eat dairy or meat. A coworker asked if I wanted half his sandwich and when I said I'm vegan he just went, "oh
...fair enough," then he went into a discussion about how he doesn't care what vegans do as long as they don't tell him what to eat. So would you hate me simply for being vegan?