Is it ever ok to cheat, if it’s a one off?

I’ve been in a relationship with my partner for nearly 3 years. I have recently started a new job which means working in close proximity to different men on a daily basis, sometimes for 10 hours at a time. I never thought I would cheat on my partner and always thought it’s the worst thing you could possibly do to... show more I’ve been in a relationship with my partner for nearly 3 years. I have recently started a new job which means working in close proximity to different men on a daily basis, sometimes for 10 hours at a time. I never thought I would cheat on my partner and always thought it’s the worst thing you could possibly do to someone but the last few days I have found myself growing increasingly attracted to one male in particular who I work with. I don’t want to leave my partner and do love him very much but I can’t deny we’ve had struggles, including him messaging other females which did break my heart. We’re slowly getting over it and I’m beginning to trust him again but this has thrown a spanner in the works. I find myself fantasising about this other man and feel sure if he or I were alone together something might happen which I can’t deny I want to, but not sure how I would deal with the consequences afterwards. I don’t want a relationship with this male, just a one off fling - is that ever ok?
9 answers 9