Are leggings in the workplace unprofessional?

I've worn very smart skin-tight leggings to work several times recently without it being an issue however yesterday I was taken to one side & told I was not dressed appropriately & was even told I looked "trashy & suggestive". It was even suggested that I should take them off (while at... show more I've worn very smart skin-tight leggings to work several times recently without it being an issue however yesterday I was taken to one side & told I was not dressed appropriately & was even told I looked "trashy & suggestive".
It was even suggested that I should take them off (while at work) & purchase a smart skirt or trousers during my break.
I refused to take them off & am now worried what might happen to me.

Very honest opinions welcome as I don't see what the big issue is as it doesn't affect what I do.
Update: I've included a pic of exactly what I was wearing for work.
Update 2: If it helps, I work as a receptionist in an office complex
Update 3: No you can't see my vagina thro them, if I thought you could I would've also worn knickers under them too!
Update 4: There is no need for bitchy & jealous comments about what I look like, what I wear or how I wear it :/
Update 5: mzgigglez thank you for your nice reply. My email is brunette.bimbo@yahoo.com :)