Am I breaking the law by not taking my dog to the vet?

We took my dog to the vet when we first got him which was recommended by the pet agency we got him from (I was about 12). After that, we didn’t really take him to the vet anymore for regular check ups. We have been keeping him up to date with his vaccinations at the pet clinic when his vaccinations are due and... show more We took my dog to the vet when we first got him which was recommended by the pet agency we got him from (I was about 12). After that, we didn’t really take him to the vet anymore for regular check ups. We have been keeping him up to date with his vaccinations at the pet clinic when his vaccinations are due and there’s only been a one time we had to take him to the ER vet as he was obviously in distress from when he was playing earlier in the day. Now that I am older and have the means to pay for a regular vet am I going to get in trouble for not taking him to the vet previously? we walk him regularly, keep his shots up to date, and he goes to the groomers every 6 weeks. Am I going to find myself in trouble with the vet for not checking in with them as often as I should?
12 answers 12