Have you ever heard a meteor? I refer to the sizzling sound, not sonic booms, that meteors sometimes make?

I couple years ago I asked this question. I ve heard meteors on a few occasions, though most are silent. (I've never heard a fireball or bolide, though) It is a sort of sizzling sound as it referred to as "electrophonic phenomena." There are a few observer programs taking this into account and it is... show more I couple years ago I asked this question. I ve heard meteors on a few occasions, though most are silent. (I've never heard a fireball or bolide, though) It is a sort of sizzling sound as it referred to as "electrophonic phenomena." There are a few observer programs taking this into account and it is recognized as a true phenomena.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc...
Update: An anecdote; I was once walking down a road in a forest near an observatory with another astronomer, and a meteor was seen in the sky ahead of us. We both saw it, but I also heard the sizzling sound. "Oh, that was just your imagination!" he insisted, but I heard it very distinctly, as on a few other... show more An anecdote; I was once walking down a road in a forest near an observatory with another astronomer, and a meteor was seen in the sky ahead of us. We both saw it, but I also heard the sizzling sound. "Oh, that was just your imagination!" he insisted, but I heard it very distinctly, as on a few other occasions.