When considering a computer should I get an All-in-one Liquid cooler or an Air Cooler?

As I've heard the former is better than the latter when it comes to dealing with heat on a CPU, however what I want to know is which is best and why (so I'm looking really for a good argument as to which is better to get), and your recommendations on which is the best of these products to get. To note I do... show more As I've heard the former is better than the latter when it comes to dealing with heat on a CPU, however what I want to know is which is best and why (so I'm looking really for a good argument as to which is better to get), and your recommendations on which is the best of these products to get.

To note I do not plan on overclocking my PC as this reduces the overall lifespan of the computer, and I'm also going for an Intel i7.
Update: Also I should mention that I'm wanting to build a computer myself from scratch, and this will be my first PC that I have built custom with no assistance from a Computer Shop or Website.