Is my dad right to do this? How can I convince him to stop?

Last year, my dad put up a firewall in our house so that my sister and I could concentrate on homework better without the distractions of YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, and stuff like that, and so that the Wifi shuts off at 10:00pm and comes back on at 7:00am when we leave for school. It helped remove distractions, and my... show more Last year, my dad put up a firewall in our house so that my sister and I could concentrate on homework better without the distractions of YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, and stuff like that, and so that the Wifi shuts off at 10:00pm and comes back on at 7:00am when we leave for school. It helped remove distractions, and my grades went up, but this year, my grades are amazing (all A's) and I keep asking him to take some of the sites down, but he always says no. I want to prove to him that I can have distractions and still get good grades, so how can I convince him to take the firewall down?

In your opinion, is putting up a firewall, in general, a good thing for him to do? It blocks literally every site except for Blackbaud (school agenda), Google, and sites that have to do with education.