How to feed my middle aged cat a healthy cheap diet?

My cat use to eat dry food and hunt, but now he has to be kept indoors. He has wet food 2-3 times a day and access to dry food but wont touch the dry and will dry heave rather than eat it. His weight is fine and has had health check recently. He gets dried cat nip 2-3x per week. and treats a couple of times per... show more My cat use to eat dry food and hunt, but now he has to be kept indoors.

He has wet food 2-3 times a day and access to dry food but wont touch the dry and will dry heave rather than eat it. His weight is fine and has had health check recently.

He gets dried cat nip 2-3x per week. and treats a couple of times per day that are usually 80 percent or more dried meat or fish as cannot have too much ash or cereal due to suseptibility to cystitis and weight gain.

2x per week he has cooked fillet of fish, or frozen raw meat or fish from the frozen section at the pet shop.

He doesn't like any fruit or vegetables othe than tries to eat potato which is obviously not good for him. sometimes he will occasionally eat a couple of peas but doesnt like them that much.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to make his diet cheaper, currently around £48 per month and use to be around £20 every 2 months and I now only can work part time due to health problems.
I wonder if i can feed him better and cheaper.
If I learned to go hunting or something or found a hunter or added another food product or any heathier dried meat or soemthing?